26 February 2010

Introducing...

...the newest edition to the Taylor family, born at 4:46 am on Thursday, 25 Februray 2010, measuring 22 inches long and weighing in at a healthy 8 pounds 10 ounces.......ISAAC WILLIAM TAYLOR!!! 

I figure most of you who are reading this probably knew all that, but I always wanted to introduce someone public-address-announcer-style.  For those who we haven't had a chance to share more details here:

  • Annalee was induced into labor late in the morning on Wednesday. It was long and arduous, but Annalee was amazing. The whole process just reinforced what I always knew: Annalee is SuperWoman!  I've never seen  in person such determination and shear will under such difficult circumstances.
  • Isaac is a big boy (more evidence to mom's superhero credentials) that is perfect in every way (I know I'm biased, but I will argue this point with anyone).  He was really alert right after he was born, looking around and listening to what was going on. He's been eating and sleeping and crying and pooping as he should.
  • As you can see in the pictures, Isaac has a full head of dark hair.  I know that with newborns that it probably will fall out, but I think he's already in the top 2 or 3 for scalp coverage when stacked up against many of the Taylor men in my immediate family. 
  • Last night was a long one. He didn't really cry a whole lot during the day yesterday, but through the night he decided to continually do his screech-owl impersonation. It's pretty good, so mom and dad are running on fumes sleep-wise. From what I'm told, it comes with the territory.
  • Annalee's parents have been around all week and have been a tremendous help with keeping Annalee busy and calm in those last few days of pregnancy, in the delivery room, running errands, walking Marvin, and so much more.  They have been invaluable. Thank you Grandma G and Papaw Sam.

  • All our friends and family have been fantastic with their gifts, well-wishes and the help we have and will continue to receive through this transition into parenthood.  We can't thank you enough.
That's probably enough for now. I know Annalee has bunch she wants to share when she's feeling up to it.  And I also know Isaac is excited to meet all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! I just happened upon your blog through your post on facebook. Isaac is adorable! Congratulations! Being a parent is both the hardest, and the most beautiful thing in the world! Nothing like it! I hope you both are able to get some rest soon! Congrats again, and if you're interested, we have a blog also, at astrologes.blogspot.com. Take care and enjoy that beautiful baby boy!
    Shannon and Astro :)

    ReplyDelete