03 March 2011

Isaac is ONE YEAR OLD!
















Can you believe it? I can hardly. It seems like just yesterday, we were bringing him home from the hospital and adjusting to having a baby boy around. He is now so grown up, a toddler! Isaac is developing more of a personality and becoming more independent. He enjoys walking around and reading his board book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". He says mom, dad, dog, brown bear, I spy, and more.

Towards the beginning of February, we had to put Isaac on soy formula. He still nursed in the morning and at night, but he got formula during the day. The week of his birthday, Isaac started nursing only at night. He nursed for the last two times on his birthday and yesterday night. It is sad for me, because I really enjoyed that time with him. Isaac has quite a wide range of foods that he eats. Here are his favorites (still): avocado and blueberries. He eats the following foods: zucchini, squash, green beans, peas, chicken, turkey, pork, salmon, tilapia, beef, apples, pears, mangos, peaches, bananas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, bread, pasta, rice, tortillas, and most recently mandarian oranges. I am sure that I forgot a lot; he loves to eat! Isaac has a sensitive to dairy still and tomatoes don't work for him, so we avoid foods with that in them. He also does not like graduate meals or jar food anymore, so he gets real food to eat. When Isaac doesn't want to eat something, he throws it on the floor. His teacher at school says that he also rolls his eyes, but we haven't seen that at home.

For Isaac's birthday, my parents were here! Isaac was Grandma G's little buddy. He went to her and enjoyed letting her hold him, feed him, and play with him. On his birthday, Isaac wore his birthday outfit that Chris and I got him and bib that my mom got him. I made him some healthy carrot cake and his classmates got to eat some chocolate cupcakes at school. While Chris and I were at work and Isaac was at school, my mom and dad did a few household chores for us! It was much appreciated and probably the best gift that could be given to this busy family! We ate some great pork and potatoes for dinner. Grandma G and Papaw Sam gave Isaac a big yellow dump truck. He loves to put his toys in the back and dump them out. After dinner Isaac, Grandma G, Papaw Sam, and I ran to the mall to get Isaac some shoes. That was my parent's gift to Isaac for his birthday. When we got back we had dessert with our friends Bruce and Christine. Everyone got to choose between healthy carrot cake and cherry pie that I bought for my dad's birthday. My mom did not like my carrot cake unless it had whipped cream cheese frosting on it. My dad found a new friend in Bruce, and he has already told me that I must include a game night with Bruce and Christine on our next visit. Isaac got some really nice cards for his birthday and phone calls from far away family. Bruce and Christine gave Isaac two pairs of jeans and two striped shirts that he will look handsome in! Thanks to all for the gifts; Isaac felt so loved!

On Saturday, we got a later start. We went to Brick House for lunch, which everyone enjoyed. Then we went to Discovery Place Kids. It is a museum designed for kids aged 0-7. Isaac had an amazing time. He loved playing in the water, walking around the "farm area", ringing the bell in the ocean area, sliding down the firemen's pole, building with large legos, and working on a car in the mechanic area. We did not even make it to the upstairs part, because Isaac was exhausted! He had so much fun, and we cannot wait to take him again. For dinner, we went to Railroad BBQ. It was very delicious. I enjoyed my first bite of macroni and cheese since Isaac was born. It was wonderful. Chris and I also gave Isaac his birthday present from us. We got him a blue wagon. He loves going on walks in his new wagon.

On Sunday, we went to brunch before taking my parents to the airport. Isaac had such an enjoyable weekend that he ended up succumbing to his sleepiness and put his head down on the table and slept. After my mom finished eating, she held him. Isaac was sad to see his grandparents to leave. We had such a fun birthday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment