23 March 2010

Isaac and Mom's first outing


Today I decided to take Isaac out on my own. I knew that it would not be easy due to some of the lifting restrictions that I still have, but the day was so beautiful, we had to try! I had some things that I wanted to take back to Wal-mart. If you know me, I am not a big fan of Wal-mart, but there was a new one that was close by, so I decided to chance it. We spent most of the morning getting ready to go. I kept finding little things that I wanted to clean up before we left or Isaac would be asleep in his swing or in the carrier, and I didn't want to wake him! Finally after lunch, we made our way to Wal-mart. We sang in the car and enjoyed the fresh air with the windows rolled down. As soon as we got to the parking lot, Isaac started his "I'm hungry now!" screams. I hopped in the back of the car and began to feed him. A half hour later and his stomach full, my little man poops. It was a true gem of a diaper to change! I threw the diaper away and grabbed a cart to go into Wal-mart. We returned the items and then did a quick lap around. Isaac had a fun time looking at baby clothes and all the colors in the store. He did a lot of cooing as we wheeled around. Before we left, we used the gift card to get Chris a special something as an early Easter present. Isaac slept all the way home and then enjoyed some tummy time with Mom when we got home. It was an adventure, and we cannot wait for our next one!


Chris will be posting soon about his Spring Break and the visit from his parents and Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment